What it is about:
The Wonder Weeks answers the question, “Why is my baby cranky, clingy, and crying?” with helpful guidance. Maybe they’re experiencing a leap in brain development, after which new skills are mastered, discoveries are made, and perceptions evolve. Fussy behaviour might signal that great progress is underway!
Better yet, these phases occur on similar schedules for most babies―as explained and mapped out in this book―so parents can anticipate the “stormy weeks” that precede the “sunny weeks.” Based on decades of research, this book covers the first 20 months of a baby’s life and includes:
- The top 10 things to know and remember about a leap
- Fun games to support brain development
- Fill-in-the-blank checklists to help better understand personality and behaviour traits
- Science-based explanations about sleep
- Anchor moments to keep new parents sane, especially when they are exhausted and discouraged
Why we love it:
This is a very practical and entertaining window into the baby’s first year and a half, which might save your sanity more than once during the times your baby gets inexplicably fussy or refuses to sleep.